We're already nine days into 2015, but we're just now sitting down to reflect on 2014 -- that's how crazy the end of the year was for us! How is it that the year can fly by so quickly?! Between incredible weddings, fun promotional films, and watching our son grow from a baby to a toddler, 2014 was so, so good to us!
This was our first full wedding season as parents, and we'll definitely admit that it took A LOT of adjusting! The morning after a wedding used to be reserved for sleeping in, take-out food and lots of Netflix -- we called it our "recovery day!" Boy did our recovery day look different in 2014! We might have been out late filming and in desperate need of a good sleep-in session, but Banyan was on his regular old schedule and he couldn't wait to wake up early and play with Mama and Papa! While we would have gladly taken a few extra hours of sleep, waking up to Banyan's sweet face and utter excitement at seeing us was more than worth it! It's our new normal now, and we wouldn't go back!
2014 was a growing year for us in business too. We filmed a record number of weddings, invested in a few new equipment pieces and educational experiences that upped our production value, and we created some of our favorite wedding films to date. Overall, though we're always growing and stretching ourselves, we went through 2014 more confident than ever. Thank you to everyone who trusted us to be a part of your special moments in life!
So after lots of strolls down memory lane, we bring you our favorite moments!
Top Ten moments in 2014!
(in no particular order)
1. Traveling to New York for the very first time to film Joe + Michelle's wedding. They were SO MUCH FUN(!) and they gave us the chance to fulfill our dream of exploring New York City!
2. Meeting and working with some seriously amazing photographers. There are so many talented creatives out there who also have hearts of gold. We LOVED working with Tonie Christine Photography, Melissa Kilner Photography, Nikki Closser Photography, Jonathan Gipaya Photography, Katelyn James Photography, and so many more!
3. Finally meeting our Instagram friends and mirror images Happy Camper Films! Tyler and Allison are essentially us but younger. A married couple who love filming weddings together! They live in Lexington, KY and were sweet enough to drive down and see us while we were visiting Nashville. They are the sweetest people, and we not-so-secretly wish they lived in Seattle and were our next-door neighbors! :)
4. Watching our sweet baby turn into a toddler! Banyan turned ONE, and his Airplane birthday party is all chronicled in this epic blog post! Photos, videos, photo booth -- what's not to love?!
5. Two amazing Seattle-based photographers had us create promotional films for their websites this year -- and they turned out so fun! Tonie Christine Photography and Nikki Closser Photography -- thank you for letting us be a part of your business and your year! You can see Tonie's promo here and Nikki's promo here.
6. Riding on a Kenmore Air seaplane into Claire + Charlie's wedding. SO. MUCH. FUN! See the film with the in-flight footage here!
7. Getting our DJI Ronin! This gimbal makes sure we get smooth, cinematic shots -- ensuring our couples look amazing as they move through their big day! Jeremy + Kristen's film has some AWESOME Ronin shots toward the end of the film -- see it in action here!
8. Celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. Still the best decision ever! We have so much fun together, so much respect for each other, and have learned and grown so much in the past five years -- and it has all made us stronger! We create wedding films to advocate for strong marriages, and doing First and Foremost Productions together has been such an amazing gift to our marriage. <3 Here's to 75 more happy years!
9. Meeting truly spectacular brides and grooms. Our favorite thing about shooting weddings is the fact that we also get to make friends in the process -- how fun is that?! A highlight for us was when one of our couples decided to join our community group. They love the Lord. We love the Lord. Now we get to hang out and embrace that love together! And even better? Two of our closest friends in our community group joined last year, and they were one of our couples from the previous summer! So now we get to hang out with two of our couples on a weekly basis -- win-win! So grateful for the opportunity we get to grow friendships through this business!
10. Creating weddings films we're truly proud of! We spent countless hours last year crafting our skill, molding films, and creating a final product that we are so proud to present to our precious clients. Our number one goal is to create a wedding film that brings instant joy and lasting memories to our couples, and we really feel like we did that this year. The fact that others loved our work too felt amazing (we had two features on Style Me Pretty!), but more than anything we're proud of the gift we gave each of our clients this year -- the gift of reliving their perfect day. Thank you for letting us bless you in such a way!
There are so many other "top moments" to choose from this year, and we're sure we forgot a few, but there's a lot to be thankful for. Thank you for a great 2014! Now . . . what's in store for us in 2015?